Pages

Monday, October 24, 2011

Over the past three years, since the birth of my first child, I have been making strides to make my life, and the life of my family, happier and healthier. I began doing a lot of research into organic and sustainable living. I also began fighting a near constant battle with my post pregnancy hair and skin. I purchased product upon product that was supposed to help my troubled skin, only to find that they made the problem worse. Finally a friend turned me on to a website (http://www.ewg.org/skindeep/) that shows you just how many toxins are in various brands of beauty products. I was appalled. The products I was buying to "help" me were, in fact full of toxins that were likely perpetuating the problems. I found a number of brands that were toxin free, and earth friendly, but few, if any of them were in my budget, which just made me more determined to find a way. My worlds of research began to collide, and my intellectual curiosity got the better of me. I began to teach myself herb lore, read old wives tales, and use myself as a guinea pig to make products that are all natural or organic, toxin free, inexpensive, and most importantly, that really work. My skin and scalp are back to their pre-baby calmness. Then I started making it for friends and neighbors, all of whom started clamoring for more, and I realized that I might be on to something here. I am really excited to introduce you to my new venture. I hope that you all will love it as much as I do.

0 comments:

Post a Comment